A fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking company that can offer future progression. You will be responsible for purchasing quality equipment, goods and services to meet the demands of our business at the most competitive rates. You will need a well organised approach to work, the ability to analyse data and have good business sense. Good negotiating skills are essential along with experience of working with figures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure all orders are placed with suppliers
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate suppliers of materials, equipment or supplies, select interview & negotiate and determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Monitoring & forecasting stock levels
- Researching & identifying new products and suppliers
- Negotiate prices and agreeing contracts making sure that suppliers deliver on times agreed.
- Authorise and process payments and invoices
- Cutting any waste and unnecessary costs to create a streamlined process and fast production times
- Building strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations in the business
- Dealing with international suppliers
Skills Experience & knowledge required
- Engineering Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on a sage processing system
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Experience in time management
Hours – Monday – Friday – 8.00am – 5.30pm
Salary – Competitive/Negotiable dependant on experience
Holidays: 20days + Bank holidays