Engineering Assembly Operative Vacancy
A fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking company that can offer future progression. Primarily you will be assisting the Assembly Shop Manager in the manufacture of agricultural machinery. As an operative you will be responsible for undertaking multi-skilled duties as allocated within production, stores, and facilities. You will need a well organised approach to a manufacturing environment.
- Building up components and sub-assemblies into finished mechanical products
- Fitting parts to machinery and equipment
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Good dexterity skills, background working in production/manufacturing and general assembly using various hand tools.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Assembly Operative will ensure work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- Monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration
- Undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping and cleaning duties to maintain an efficient working environment.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills
- Self – motivated individual who can also work as part of a team or on own initiative.
Hours – Monday – Friday – 8.00am – 5.30pm
Salary – Competitive/Negotiable dependant on experience
Holidays: 20days + Bank holidays