A fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking company that can offer future progression. Primarily you will be assisting the Fabrication/Welding Manager in the manufacture of agricultural machinery. As an operative you will be responsible for undertaking multi-skilled duties as allocated within production, stores and facilities. You will need a well organised approach to a manufacturing environment.
- Performing hand welding of components and sub-assemblies in preparation for the assembly department.
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Good dexterity skills, background working in production/manufacturing and general assembly using various hand tools an advantage.
Responsibility and Duties
- Cutting and joining material
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to Manager/Supervisor so all operations are safe at all times.
- Monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration
- Undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping and cleaning duties to maintain an efficient working environment.
- Maintaining accuracy
- Being professional and responsible
- Understanding numerical and mathematical calculations and data
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Self – motivated individual who can also work as part of a team or on own initiative.
Hours – Monday – Friday – 8.00am – 5.30pm
Salary – Competitive/Negotiable dependant on experience
Holidays: 20days + Bank holidays